Progress Guaranteed: Never Get Stuck in Your Training Again
We have all experienced situations where our dogs stop making training progress. They do the wrong behavior, they freeze, or they just look at us, disinterested. Eva and Emelie call this “getting stuck.” Getting stuck can take many forms, and it isn't fun or helpful for you or your dog. Can we do anything about it? Absolutely!
Eva and Emelie have created an innovative twist in the training process that can un-stick your dog. When incorporated from the start, this technique will prevent the dog from getting stuck altogether. What's the secret? Train so that behaviors can be both spontaneous and on cue. At first this may seem paradoxical (spontaneous AND on cue?), but it is not. This idea is the core of training in Scandinavia, where training spontaneously offered behavior is part and parcel of a standard training plan.
This Session will cover:
- How understanding spontaneous behaviors, prompts, and cues helps you unstick your dog
- How to use stimulus control, contextual cues, and repetition savviness to your advantage
- Acknowledging cues and prompts as potent reinforcers
- Going cueless— how you can work with spontaneous behaviors for foundation training, refinement, and problem-solving (“the Scandinavian way”)
- Training-session structures for spontaneous behaviors vs. cued or prompted behaviors
- Transitioning a behavior from being prompted to being offered spontaneously, without the dog being left in limbo and waiting for help
- Dealing with mistakes within the realm of spontaneous offered behavior
- Teaching and retraining cues
Don't get stuck in that same old place. Watch this Session today.